6 ways we’ll supercharge your property management
When tenant fees were banned in 2019, eyes fell on property management as the leading income stream in lettings. It remains that way but with one change – agents are chasing a shrinking number of buy-to-lets to manage.
In fact, a 2021 survey by the Nottingham Building Society found the number of landlords planning to sell their buy-to-lets outnumbered those planning to buy new ones. Fast forward to 2022, and property portal Zoopla found there were 39% fewer homes available to rent in January when compared to the same month in other years.
With a decreasing pool of tenanted properties, relying on your local patch for business isn’t enough. Today’s property managers who are prospecting for new landlords need the advantage of being able to take on lets outside their core catchment area.
The challenge is the all-consuming nature of property management – needing to be close enough to meet new tenants, let trades in and inspect the condition of managed properties.
Working with Viewber allows you to manage up to 50% more properties, saying yes to those buy-to-lets out of area – even at the other end of the country that may make better yields for clients. Here are 6 ways we can supercharge your property management business:
- A Viewber local to every UK property: we have a trusted, trained network of Viewbers who provide nationwide coverage, all bookable online at any time – from the biggest cities to the smallest hamlets. We can give you ‘on the ground boots’ in locations outside of your core market, so you can take on more properties in any location.
- All types of visits accommodated: our Viewbers are experienced in property inspections, compiling condition reports and accompanying viewings. Other popular Viewber services include ‘sit and wait’ while repairs take place, ‘let in and lock up’ for trade visits and inexpensive ‘point and shoot’ photography for inventories and/or marketing purposes.
- See for yourself, live… without leaving your desk: our ‘live’ function is perfect for property managers who need to check the condition of a property or the state of a repair without an in-person visit. A Viewber can start a video call from the property and be directed by the property manager to get up close to the damage or disrepair.
- Stop fixed overheads spiralling out of control: taking on more managed properties doesn’t mean taking on more permanent staff. Viewber operates on a ‘pay per booking’ basis, no wasted capacity. Use only when required and keep more management profit.
- Cut your carbon footprint: repeatedly visiting the same properties by car, especially at distance, is bad for the environment. Thanks to our UK-wide network, there’s always a Viewber local to your properties and many will arrive the most eco-friendly way – on foot. Send a local Viewber and you’ll save on rapidly rising fuel costs.
- Extend your opening hours: Viewbers can be booked during Bank Holidays, evenings and at weekends, in addition to traditional office hours, so you can advertise longer servicing hours and win over new clients without lifting a finger. What’s more, we don’t charge overtime or a premium rate for unsociable appointments.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Electric vehicles: property management’s next pain point?
Property managers should brace themselves for an influx of administration surrounding electric vehicles. An increasing number of landlords are expected to push for charging points to be retrofitted to their parking bays and properties, especially in light of the new ChargePoint grant launched by the Government this April. The ChargePoint scheme gives landlords access to … Continued
Social Media & Digital Marketing Manager
4 ways our Enable Access service can help property managers
Viewber has built an enviable reputation as the property industry’s trusted viewings partner, but our assistance extends far beyond showing home movers around houses. Our Enable Access service has been developed with the lettings sector in mind, especially for managers who find repeated property visit requests overwhelming. The constant need to meet, greet, wait around … Continued
Social Media & Digital Marketing Manager