Probate property visits: a must for insurance
As a provider of probate, your expertise is needed by grieving relatives trying to navigate the difficult path that follows a death. If a property is present as part of an estate, it faces laying empty for an extended period of time while affairs are resolved and the property either sold or rented out.
Probate property insurance is a comforting product you may offer your clients but almost every product requires regular property visits to validate the policy. An additional condition is usually to have each property visit logged and documented, which takes more time that just a drive past.
Due to the unpredictable nature of probate, however, it is quite common for the executor or solicitor handling the case to be located miles from the property in question. It is worth remembering that claims on vacant properties are more frequent than on occupied ones, so valid insurance is crucial and no compromise should be made.
Why probate property visits are vital:
- Provide validation for probate property insurance policies
- Monitor for signs of new or increasing dilapidation
- Detect criminal damage or illegal residency
- Clear any post that has built up
- Identify small niggles, such as a dripping tap, before they spiral into a major issue.
Viewber offers an immediate solution for solicitors trying to keep up with probate visits – which may be specified by an insurer as frequently as once a week or fortnight. We have thousands of vetted and trusted local Viewbers across the whole of the UK able to undertake property visits on a professional basis seven days a week.
Our Viewbers are handpicked for their professional backgrounds – many are former police officers, estate agents and property professionals, used to being vigilant and visiting residential addresses. Each is trained to take meticulous notes and photographs, looking for anything unusual, suspicious and different from previous visits.
Viewber charges from £30 + VAT on a pay as you go basis, with no annual subscription charge and no minimum order commitment. Our cost-effective service is ideal for solicitors who want to keep staff in the office and focused on core duties, and makes perfect monetary sense for those who can’t justify appointing an in-house property visitor.
Above and beyond property visits for condition and security purposes, Viewbers can also:
- Let in contractors and maintenance teams, and lock up after
- Be present for the change of locks
- Open up the property for meter readers and EPC assessors
- Greet surveyors and site inspectors
- Accompany agents coming to value a property
- Give executors and solicitors access to a property
- Provide local key handling arrangements if preferred
If you would like assistance with probate property visits, with a scalable service that moves in line with your firm’s resources and availability, contact Viewber today.